The Purple Pipe Company LLC is looking for enthusiastic, hard-workers interested in joining an environmentally friendly startup in Palo Alto! The Purple Pipe Water Services was started in 2015 in Palo Alto, California to find creative ways of delivering reclaimed water to schools, homes, and businesses and to promote the use of it for landscaping and irrigation purposes. Our company's goal is to provide consumers an option to irrigate with recycled water as the state of California’s recycled water supply line infrastructure is built out.
Act as liaison between drivers and management and effectively dispatch water deliveries by performing the following duties:
- Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare a daily delivery schedule and coordinates efficient deliveries by applying knowledge of customer schedules, peak delivery times and alternate routes.*
- Apply knowledge of service area(s) to dispatch sufficient coverage, and knowledge of delivery vehicle operation capacity to ensure delivery schedules are met.*
- Apply knowledge of all driver schedules as well as subordinate skills and abilities for dispatched duties.*
- Manage the company calendar including multiple truck schedules and management and sales meetings*
- Operate communication equipment efficiently to properly communicate with drivers, and maintains related equipment in optimum working condition.*
- Answer multi-line telephone, maintain a professional office environment and professional relations with customers and other employees.*
- Inform customers of their service status according to delivery schedules as needed.*
- Maintain current industry knowledge through publications and legislation, and shares pertinent information with personnel as appropriate.*
- Resolve operational and delivery problems that require immediate attention.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have good experience with computer application such as word processing software (Word), spreadsheet software (Excel), and cloud based internet software (Google Apps). Knowledge of CRM software such as Salesforce or is a plus.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.